The upcoming Narok International Film Festival (NAIFF) will be accepting submissions from August for the inaugural 2018 edition. The submission is open to all filmmakers worldwide and will be showcased during the festival. However, the films shot in Narok County will be shortlisted and enrolled into the competition. This competition will also have a category for photographers so as to tell their stories using stills.
The festival will be accepting films in various categories spanning:
- STUDENTS SHORT FILMS: These films should be shot by professional camera or smartphones and should run between 4-15minutes.
- DRAMA/THRILLER/ACTION: This category includes both Shorts and features. Short films should run between 2-15minutes while features should run for at-least 30 or 102 minutes.
- DOCUMENTARY: In this category films should run between 10minutes to 90 minutes
- ANIMATION: Animated films should run for 5-60 minutes.
- GLOBAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION: This category is open only for global filmmakers to submit their film for the purpose of competition. This in turn will attract NAIFF Global recognition. The short films in this category should run between 5-7 minutes.
Established and aspiring filmmakers should be on the lookout for this festival and work on projects that will enable them participate in this event at the same time showcase the beautiful scenery our country has to offer in terms of shooting locations and reaffirm that Kenya is the preferred filming destination.